A German Baptist Testimony (1885)
On the eastern outskirts of Cleveland three sincere Christians and a pastor were led by God to begin a missionary work. Together they met in homes and established Nottingham Mission.
God Provides Land (1895)
Having outgrown home meetings, Nottingham Mission rented hall on St. Clair Ave. near East 187th Street. In this same year Nottingham Mission purchased land at East 167th and Arcade.
Nottingham Baptist Church is Born (1900-1920)
1902 Nottingham dedicated a new chapel on the land. November 8, 1909 Nottingham Baptist Church (formally the mission work Nottingham Mission) was born. In the first year, The First German Baptist Church dismissed 54 members to be united with NBC. During the first year, membership increased to 74 with 15… Read more
Increased Growth (1920-1950)
April 30, 1924 marked the formal dedication of a new building. Nottingham purchased its first bus in 1946 and continued to reach out and grow. In 1949 the membership voted to purchase property on Lake Shore Blvd. for the purpose of building.
NBC held its first services on Lakeshore Blvd in July of 1955. Following the move, NBC changed its name to Euclid-Nottingham Baptist Church.
God’s Guiding Hand (1980-2010)
With membership at 577 in 1984, Euclid-Nottingham Baptist Church voted in favor of the property purchase agreement with Euclid General Hospital in selling the church building and property. 1986 marked the move to 2921 Bishop Road and a name change back to Nottingham Baptist Church. In 2009 the church family… Read more
Today, we continue to minister and share the good news of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.