The body of Christ consists of individuals that are brought together for multiple purposes. One of those purposes is to edify one-another and encourage one-another toward living a life consistent with what God’s Word teaches. Nottingham Baptist offers a variety of opportunities for spiritual growth that range from young adults to seniors.
Every Sunday morning a number of Bible studies and classes are offered. Currently many of our classes, including our young adults, are moving through the Bible in order to gain a clearer understanding of God’s Word as a whole. Another class approach might be a topical study or individual book of the Bible study.
The first Monday of every month senior adults meet together for a catered meal and special program. In addition, there is an active group of retirees that join together regularly for fellowship.
The men of Nottingham find fellowship in Christ to be a great encouragement and healthy habit for all generations. In light of that, the older teaching younger principal (Titus 2:2) is regularly seen being practiced as men of all ages come together.
On Tuesdays men meet for prayer and Bible study at 7:oo AM. They then make their way to a local restaurant for breakfast together.
In addition, every 3rd Saturday of the month at 7:30 AM the men of Nottingham encourage the boys to come along with dad or grandpa and enjoy time with older men who love the Lord. The gathering consist of time in the Word, prayer, fellowship, and breakfast at the church.
Paul instructed older women within the church to be “teachers of good things” (Titus 2:3). The ladies at Nottingham have a sincere passion to carry that instruction forth by admonishing and encouraging girls and women of all ages to pursue what is pleasing to the Lord.
The Women’s Ministries exist to encourage, enrich, equip, and evangelize women in our church, families, neighborhood, and beyond through intentional relationships. This is carried out through various events and ministries.
Treasured Traditions / Spring Celebration
- Spring Celebration – An annual event designed to provide fellowship for regular members and an opportunity to share the gospel with unsaved friends. The time includes a special meal and program that clearly communicates the gospel.
- Treasured Traditions – This biennial event is highly anticipated and takes place on a Saturday during the fall. It includes crafts, a food fair, specialized program, and a clear gospel message. Tickets are required. Purchase tickets at the church Sunday, September 9, 16 or 23, 2018.
Bible Study & Fellowship
- Evening Fellowships – Time in God’s Word that is intended to challenge all ages to grow in grace and be stronger women of faith. See Events for upcoming dates.
- Winter Bible Study – Each winter a Bible study is done that relates in a unique way to women.
- Prayer Ministry – Every Sunday morning a group of ladies meets to pray for the day ahead and the ministries taking place each Sunday.
- Welcome to Nottingham – Every lady that visits Nottingham will receive a welcome packet within the first few weeks crafted specifically for ladies.
- Sharing Chefs – Meals are coordinated for church members who are going through or have recently gone through difficult times.
- Mentoring/Counseling – Biblical counseling is available to ladies upon request. If interested please contact Pastor or Linda Chapman.
- Missionary Fellowship – Every Wednesday (September through May) ladies meet at the church and complete missionary projects and pray for our missionaries.
- Northeast Ohio & Ohio Women for Missions – these are regional and State fellowships that conducted missions focused events. Nottingham promotes and encourages our ladies to be involved as they are able.