Blessing. This word best summarizes what the Bible teaches about children. Psalm 127:3 reminds us, “Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.” When the disciples hindered children from coming to Christ he rebuked them saying, “…let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
It is our prayer that children would fill our halls with laughter and learn to love and trust God. In order for that to happen we have committed ourselves to providing a safe environment, for children of every age, to grow in both spiritually and physically.
Classes are available every Sunday for all ages. Classes for children are organized in the following manner: Cradle & Toddlers (0-1yr), 2’s & 3’s, Beginners (4-5yrs), Primary (1st-3rd), Juniors (4th-6th). Greeters are available upon arrival to provide guidance to the different classes.
Sunday during the morning service from 10:45-11:45 a.m. Children’s Church is offered in addition to the nursery. Children 4 years old to 4th grade are taken into the beginning portion of the service to participate with the body in singing and then dismissed for Children’s Church.
Every Wednesday night from 6:45-8:15 p.m. Awana establishes a welcoming, supportive environment where our church children and friends learn how a personal relationship with Christ affects their everyday lives. The program involves game time, Bible lessons, verse memory, and a yummy snack.
Nursery is available for newborns and toddlers during every service. In addition, there is a private room available in the nursery for nursing mothers.
Safety and Security
The leadership of Nottingham has been intentional and proactive in implementing policies and procedures that will help protect the children.
- Every child worker must complete every two years a Children’s Ministries application and give permission to a background check.
- All workers are approved by the Christian Education Committee and Deacon Board.
- Workers must be a member of Nottingham Baptist for one year unless otherwise permitted by the Deacon Board.
- Careful attention is given to identifying children and their parents in the nursery so children are only released to their parents.
- Windows have been installed in all classroom doors for unobstructed visibility at any time.
- Any concern of abuse in any manner will be addressed immediately with actions that secure the safety of the child and the necessary reporting civil authorities.