Scripture makes clear that salvation is a free gift. Salvation cannot be earned it can only be received by grace through faith. Christ spoke of receiving eternal life as being so simple that it takes child-like faith. Do you have faith like a child?
First, one must agree with God and ADMIT that he/she is a sinner.
- Jeremiah 17:9, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it?”
- Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, everyone, to his own way, and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.”
- Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- That he/she deserves eternal separation from God in hell because of their sins (Rom. 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death).
- That Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for his/her sin (John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.”)
- That Jesus rose from the dead three days later, proving His victory over death, Hell, and the grave (I Cor. 15:3-4, “…that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures…”).
- That Jesus offers this as a free gift to anyone who will accept it in faith (John 3:36, “He that believes on the Son has life, and he that does not believe in the Son, the wrath of God will abide on him.”)
- Romans 10:9-10, “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confessions is made unto salvation.”
- Romans 10:13, “For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”