1885 marked the beginning of a German Baptist testimony on the eastern outskirts of Cleveland. Three energetic, sincere Christians and a pastor met together, and after much prayer, began a missionary work. The group started by meeting in homes for services and prayer meetings. Soon the group grew to the point of crowding out the homes. This group was the beginning of Nottingham Baptist Church (NBC).
1895 marked the year, Nottingham Mission, later to become NBC, held meetings in their own meeting place in a rented hall on St. Clair Ave. near East 187th Street. In this same year Nottingham Mission purchased land at East 167th and Arcade.
In 1902, Nottingham mission dedicated a new chapel at East 167th and Arcade. NBC held its formal organization service November 18, 1909. The First German Baptist Church dismissed 54 members to be united with the newly-
organized NBC. During the first year as an organized church, the membership increased to 74 with 15 members received through baptism. Ground was broken for a new building in 1923. April 30, 1924 marked the formal dedication of the new building. NBC continued to reach out to bring people into the church. Nottingham purchased its first bus in 1946. NBC continued to grow.
In 1949 the membership voted to purchase property at 18901 Lake Shore Blvd. for the purpose of building a new building. NBC held its first services on Lakeshore Blvd in July of 1955. NBC changed its name to Euclid-
Nottingham Baptist Church effective after the move to the new location.
With membership at 577 in 1984, Euclid-
Nottingham Baptist Church voted in favor of the property purchase agreement with Euclid General Hospital in selling the church building and property. The church purchased 14.75 acres of land on Bishop road in 1984. 1986 marked the move to 2921 Bishop Road and a name change back to Nottingham Baptist Church.
Today, we continue to minister and share the good news of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.